NHS Complaints

(ICAS – Independent Complaints Advocacy)

NHS Complaints Advocacy

If you are unhappy with the care and treatment you, or someone else has received from the NHS, or services paid for by the NHS, you have the right to raise your concerns about it.

If you decide to make a complaint, you should do so within 12 months of the incident you are complaining about, or, within 12 months of the time you became aware of the impact or results, of the care and treatment which you are complaining about.

N.B. In certain circumstances, the NHS will look at complaints that are outside of these timescales, but they do not have to. Anyone can make a complaint about their NHS care and treatment.

If the person concerned is unable to make a referral to us, someone else can do it for them. Usually we will need the person’s consent, but we understand that sometimes this isn’t possible.

NHS Complaints Advocacy Referral Form

You can download the NHS Complaints Advocacy Referral Form by clicking the button below.

Please print, fill it out and return to us via email or post.

Send the completed form to:

 Manager, one advocacy, 3rd Floor, Stuart House, Green Lane, Derby DE1 1RS

or email to referrals@oneadvocacyderby.org
or call the Direct Referral line 01332 228748