EU Settlement Scheme

Are you an EU (but not British), EEA or Swiss citizen

If you’re an EU (but not British), EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after Brexit beyond 2020 and you will get either settled status (SS) or pre-settled status (pre-SS).

There is no cost for the application.

You may be able to stay in the UK without applying – for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Or if you have been in the UK since before 1988 you might choose to apply via the Windrush scheme.

Citizens Advice Mid Mercia has an EUSS Support Team to help people complete their applications.

We are providing practical support to vulnerable EU, EEA and Swiss citizens (and their non – EU family members) through information-giving, advice and provision of technology and assistance to help them make a scheme application by the 30th June 2021.

You can find further information for European citizens on staying in the UK after Brexit here

Contact EUSS team

To get help with your application…


or complete the form below

5 + 1 =