Hello and welcome to Universal Services for Carers in Derby City!
Jointly funded by Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group and Derby City Council, and delivered by Citizens Advice Mid Mercia, we are a free, confidential and impartial service dedicated solely to the holistic support of unpaid carers in Derby City. We are located in the heart of Derby city centre and our goal is to support the unpaid carer community with a wide-array of services designed to ensure that unpaid carers feel emotionally and physically well, empowered, knowledgeable, skilled and supported.
Our service has been designed to meet the many needs an unpaid carer may have and consists of the following features:
- An information and advice help-line, answered by compassionate, knowledgeable and fully trained staff, operational Mon-Fri, 09:00-17:00, excluding public holidays. The help-line also has an out of hours answerphone where you can leave us a message to get in touch with you.
- Bookable in-depth face-to-face Carers Conversations, should you have an enquiry that requires more hands-on support than can be offered over the help-line
- A full calendar of free well-being support and activities designed to keep unpaid carers feeling physically and mentally well, as well as providing an opportunity for respite and socialisation with others living similar lives
- A wide-array of free skills and training opportunities to enable carers to deliver the best and safest care they possibly can, for example, first aid and manual handling
- Support and advice for setting up and maintaining peer support groups, including help creating social media platforms, arranging events, becoming self-sufficient, and raising money. We will also support in the formation of unique support groups, tailored to specific needs
- GP and Talking Points drop-in sessions across Derby City to provide face-to-face support
- An engaging monthly newsletter, filled with important information, dates for your diary, local services and useful contacts
- A dedicated Carers Celebration Day designed to celebrate and promote all the hard-work of unpaid carers
Sign up to our newsletter
Fill in your details below to sign up to our FREE newsletter.