BSL Digital Project
Hello I’m Steph here at the Citizens Advice, based in Derby in my role as BSL Digital Advisor.
Did you know that Citizens Advice Provide free, independent, confidential, and impartial information, advice and support. The organisation encourages empowerment, promotes good physical and mental health, and helps relieve poverty and distress through provision of a diverse range of services across the communities of South Derbyshire, Derby City, East Staffordshire and Tamworth and surrounding areas.
The Citizens Advice, based in Derby has successfully received a 30k grant from the Access Foundation. This is to support a digital programme for Deaf/Deafblind/Hard of Hearing people with learning about technology with FREE training within Derby city.
The Access Foundation – support charities who want to improve Access and have specific projects.
The project will be based in Derby City and supported by the Access Foundation to provide Digital training access for Deaf people living in Derby.
So, what will the training be? We use a platform called ‘Learn My Way’ which is an approved provider in collaboration with HMRC
So, the sort of things we can Help with are: –
– Setting up and using a phone, tablet or laptop – For complete beginners
– Accessing information online – Maybe you want help with Benefits accessing the council website
– How to manage money online – Staying Safe online, scams and online banking
– search for employment AND applying for work – or search for courses
– Using online forms – Contact forms for further information about a service
– Use public and health services, booking appointments – GP, Dentist or asking for a Prescription repeat
– Using Webchat to get thing done – Chat bots for example Car Insurance making changes
– shopping ONLINE – which helps with budgeting also help with using your bank card online safely
– socialising online- using social media apps safely and confidentially
If you have any enquires you can still, contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and one of team will get back to you.
Thanks for watching.